 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10399
Re: red tutar walls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:42:06 GMT

Hmm, so that would mean the two red corner tudor walls and one red tudor
wall that I have might be worth something? They arent in the best of shape,
being somewhat worn and having some scratches tho :P Well, if anyone is
interested, let me know, I can always use more money :P

cg-88@home.com

Brett A. Antaya <Dioxyn0272@aol.com> wrote in message
There was 1 corner wall on Brickbay recently for $25(!), but it's not • there
now.  I'm not sure if it was sold, or the seller removed it.  I • personally
can't see why anyone would value the walls that highly - but then, I'm • not
willing to pay more than about $60-$75 for the whole set, and it has gone
for hundreds in the past.  I haven't been tracking prices on it lately, • though.

The corner wall was sold, not removed. It was in my store inventory for • less
than 12 hours before it was purchased. The high price tag was not only due
to the rareity/importance of the part, or even that the part had never
before been sold openly on Brickbay but the corner wall in question was as
new looking as if seen for the first time thru an unopened factory sealed
poly-bag. I was unsure if the corner would sell at all and wouldn't have
been heart broken if it didnt...afterall, they don't come along every day
(making tracking its price near impossible...its almost a matter of who
wants it more the buyer or the seller).

Also of interest...a recent auction contained 2 red tudor walls and 1 • yellow
tudor wall...the final bid price was just over $102....just three walls. • My
philosophy with rare/sought after Lego is that you can sell them all day
long for a small sum or you can list it with a higher price tag and when
someone who really wants it comes along (be it 12 hours or 12 months) not
only are they happy to pay the higher sum they are very thankful and
pleasant to work with because they have a higher appreciation for just how
rare a part can be...not to mention the purchase may end a seemingly • endless
quest for an elusive part. Hope that made sense.

Brett Antaya
Pyrite's Plunder
http://www.Brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Pyrite