 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 642
Re: Bricklink down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 18:11:50 GMT

An update (at Eric's request)

I am on the phone with Eric Smith right now and there was a major storm in
Indianapolis... he is aware of the connectivity problem and it is impacting
all sites he hosts as well as his own email.

Ameritech has some major connectivity outages in the Indy area and has
advised Eric that he is part of a larger outage which they are working to
resolve.

He doesn't have a concrete uptime but will post once his connectivity is
restored.

This particular outage would be difficult to defend against as Ameritech is
the only mechanism to get connectivity to his location short of laying fibre
somewhere which is not realistic.

Hope that helps.