 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 534
Re: OH BABY 20% off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:13:28 GMT

(this same message was posted in response to someone else asking the same
question)

As some of the pictures you mentioned are obviously mine, let me explain:

Why are the sets purchased?
The sets are purchased at deep discount in large quantities so that they can
be parted out for sale in my Bricklink.com shop.  I do, of course, keep
pieces out of the sets for my own use.  This is how my hobby is supported.

Why are the pictures posted?
I generally post the pictures to go along with my announcement that I have
the parts to my shop.  I feel this will show that I did in fact have the
sets in question in case anyone doubts that I purchased, for example, 48 Mos
Espa Podracer sets.

Why the sudden spat of them?
The pictures you are noticing now are related to an ongoing discussion on
the Bricklink.com forums that arose from a question about buying sets on
Bricklink to be parted out on Bricklink.

Troy
Troy's Surplus Lego
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh

"azfirewolf" <wolfkiller@prodigy.net> wrote in message
You are all welcomed. Here is a questions to throw out to the group. On
brickshelf there is a couple of different folders of people showing off
their buys. Why does a person need 20 or more of a particular set? They • only
series that I bought more then one of each set was the arctic. Since it is
gone and no more I got 4 of the big base sets, 10 of the mobile outposts • and
so on, but come on do we need to have a person show off their purchases?