 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1431
Re: If you were wondering about the BrickFest Event Kit...(thanking the vendors and help)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 02:08:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
   This kit was great, when I saw it in person, I had to have one. I never did figure out one thing thoa: why the soccer ball?

-Alfred

Well, the official answer is from Christina:

There is a bit of LEGO history behind that and an BrickFest tradition. 1. In almost every LEGO set there is an extra piece. Typically, it is a spare of an element that is already included in the set. But since this set was not made by the LEGO Group.. the people involved in making it, decided to put a non typical extra element in it.
2. Often times one can find a group of people on the Mall in front of the Capitol playing soccer.
3. LEGO Soccer, particularly the LEGO soccer ball is an element that has been present at every BrickFest in Washington since 2000.

Joe