 Marketplace / Auctions / 9682
  Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

The thread about the borrowed Lamborghini Diablo design illustrates some significant issues about intellectual property (IP) and the Internet. The facts of the matter are ... 1) content on the Internet can be accessed worldwide (we all know this, I (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

(...) This doesn't make much sense to me. If I create a sculpture, for example, I own the copyright to the sculpture, because it is a unique creative work, right? So if I build a MOC, I have the copyright to the MOC, not just the pictures of it... (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

Am I the only that is wondering why we are talking about this to the detail that we are since Lamborghini should be the one that should be worried about an image that I would venture to guess that they own a copyright to? Also, aren't there a very (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet

(...) the creator of a (...) IANAL, and it's been at least a decade since I read a book on copyright law, but at least in the US copyrights exist as soon as the work is created. In other countries things are different; for example, many require the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

"Ray Silva" <socalray@cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H7v817.I2E@lugnet.com... (...) detail (...) about (...) No you are not, and I am still waiting for a comment from Bram about WHAT he is concerned. (...) built (...) This is exactly the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

(...) No, *she* does not! But we are getting into the areas where the laws of various countries differ. Generally you can only assume that copyright is protecting the text/image and not the idea. For example in Australia ... taken from (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

(...) Correct. According to the U.S. Copyright Office: "Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Fair Use vs. Infringement (was: Re: Intellectual property and the Internet)

I think this is more accurately treated as a work of art, _not_ an invention. Let me quote Rogers v. Koons and Sonnabend Gallery, Inc. (960 F.2d 301, cert. denied 113 S. Ct. 365). Artist Jeff Koons purchased a notecard with a photograph of a couple (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Fair Use vs. Infringement (was: Re: Intellectual property and the Internet)

But the problem with that argument is that, in the case mentioned, the notecard had been copyrighted. If somebody went and stole the design, he could get into trouble for copyright infrigment. The defense argued saying that they hadn't copied very (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Fair Use vs. Infringement (was: Re: Intellectual property and the Internet)

(...) Actually, any creative endeavor is automatically protected by copyright law, regardless of whether or not the creator actually places a copyright symbol there. That, and the more proactive step of actually paying the fee and _applying_ for an (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)