 Marketplace / Auctions / 9561
    Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call —Erik Olson
   I've been sniped by the same guy multiple times, each time with about 5 seconds to go. I think they are using software which bids for them. The purpose of sniping is to conceal even your fair estimate in hopes nobody else will seriously value it (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Yes, there is an auto-sniper program. A bidder used it in one of my auctions recently. Then the auto-bidder program had the audacity to *spam* me with a brag that it just won the auction for it's bidder and boy wouldn't I like to use it. I'll (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call —Erik Olson
   (...) Well, yes, it is like the game of 'chicken'. It can be spectacular. Recently the other sniper was only going $5 over the minimum bid (which I was doubling)... suffice it to say there was a lot more than $20 at stake. (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)