 Marketplace / Auctions / 8894
Re: Annoyed by eBay...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 19:46:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi,

The list of reasons why NOT to use eBay continues to grow...

I recently had an auction for a 4547 Club Car (yes the original one) and at
the top of my description I informed potential buyers of 10002, how much it
costs, and a link to Lego's site.

Unfortunately, links to other commercial sites are not permitted in auction
listings!  So my auction got cancelled.  :(

That's what you get for being informative!

Think about it.  eBay is out to make money.  Posting an auction that directs
users to shop elsewhere doesn't help their cause.

You can be informative without violating the ToS, you just have to be
creative... something like "reissued by LEGO in 2001 as set #10002" would be
more than enough info.  If folks can't figure out how to get ahold of a
10002, they deserve to pay you $125 for your 4547 ;-)

-Rob.