 Marketplace / Auctions / 8705
Re: Offensive to anyone else?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 22:25:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Jimmy Park writes:

Check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1643512573

The kicker to me is when the seller wrote:

"I contacted a local Toys R Us and they WOULD NOT SELL it to me, because the
item had been PULLED OFF THE SHELVES!"

I've been to 4 TRUs this past week, including one two hours ago and they all
had at least 5-12 of these sets on the shelf.  Has anyone ever seen TRU
taking this set off the shelves?

Not really offensive, but laughable...
Anyway, has this set been recalled on the US alone, or everywhere? I ask
'cause I've seen a couple at one of the local TrU... (Boy, is this set ugly!)

Pedro