 Marketplace / Auctions / 8527
    Re: ebay rant —Adam Murtha
   (...) "Will ship to the United States only" I know that it has been discussed here before, and I'm not trying to start another debate, but sellers who will only sell to the United States really bug me. Adam (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: ebay rant —Michael Edwards
     Same here, but if you email them they normally let you bid :-) Providing you pay within the terms... -- Michael Edwards Lugnet Member #151 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bionicle Island (URL) shop - Edwards (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: ebay rant —Lindsay Frederick Braun
      (...) I know that on the rare occasion I run a US-only auction--usually because I have a short deadline for receipts--I almost always allow this. If someone's willing to contact you and work with the terms of the auction, why not? But I understand (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: ebay rant —Adam Murtha
     True, if I am interested in something enough, I will ask the seller, and they will usually agree if I pay the exact shipping to Canada. And why wouldn't I or anyone else? Isn't that how most auctions are ran, buyer pays shipping? Adam (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: ebay rant —Tom Stangl
     Note that a HUGE amount of German sellers only ship within Germany. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support | Netscape Communications Corp | A division of AOL Time Warner | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please do not associate my (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: ebay rant —Paul Sinasohn
     (...) Yes, but with the EC, they can't refuse to ship to another EC country. BTW, a big thank you to Jan Albert!!! Paul Sinasohn (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: ebay rant —Kyle D. Jackson
     [FUT lugnet.market.theory] (...) Really? I would have thought that would only apply to commercial sales. It seems stupid for legislation to control private sales like that. KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: ebay rant —Mark Chittenden
   Being a eBay seller, I can understand why someone would only ship to a certain location. Mail from overseas to the US takes a long time, and in some cases can even take more than a month (long time to wait for a payment for an auction). Also, if (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.auction)