 Marketplace / Auctions / 7787
7786  |  7788
Subject:
guarded inn on e-bay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 06:45:20 GMT

I was looking on e-bay and searched for "Guarded Inn"
and saw that it was currently over $140.  I know this set is extremely
rare, and more demanded than other sets.  I think this is a lot of money for
a "medium-sized" set like this....
not to be out-done, I was in the running for Evacuation Team, a town fire-
based set containing a small grass truck, a tractor-trailer (flat bed), and
a small front-end loader.  It came out in 1991, and I saw it in a toy store
then, but wanted other sets at the time, and never got around to buying it...
:-(  Now the set on E-bay is almost reaching $100, and it too is a "medium-
sized set" that had an original retail price of $20.  This set is
extremely rare, and also quite in demand.  This one and the Lego Bank
(the one that came out in 1991 - another set I forgot to purchase then)
:-(