 Marketplace / Auctions / 7764
    Profiting from Inflated "Shipping & Handling" Charges?? —Kyle D. Jackson
   G'day folks, I recently won an auction in which the listing stated: "Buyer pays a fixed amount for S/H of $15.00 USPS Priority." In general, these charges are pretty much the same as the actual cost. But when the item arrived I saw that the total (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Profiting from Inflated "Shipping & Handling" Charges?? —Charles Eric McCarthy
     (...) ... (...) I'd point out that S/H stands for "Shipping and Handling" and if the seller wants to charge $9.55 for handling, it might be to cover his time to go to the post office to mail the item. Since he stated this up front, I don't think you (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Profiting from Inflated "Shipping & Handling" Charges?? —Rose Regner
    Shipping and Handling are a grey area, but the person stated it up-front. I know that I used to live a LONG way from a post office, and to pack with peanuts, bubble-wrap, etc, and then drive to and from the Post Office was a big pain, long trip, (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Profiting from Inflated "Shipping & Handling" Charges?? —James Powell
   (...) I charge based on what _I_ think (using the Canadian postal rates guide and my hand) how much I am going to pay. Sometimes, I have made more money on the postage than the sale of the set, sometimes I loose money on the postage. Because I have (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.auction)