 Marketplace / Auctions / 7711
Re: Should I stop payment on a personal check if an Ebay auction item has been relisted??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:27:30 GMT

I may be wrong but my understanding is that the only way you can relist is
if the buyer won't pay.  He may have duplicate items and be trying to rip
off eBay.  But if he is relisting the item you won you should have gotten
email from eBay reminding you to pay.

HTH,
Bob

In lugnet.market.auction, Bob Parker writes:
On Ebay, does anybody know what it means if an auction says the following:

"This auction has ended but the item has been relisted. Go to item now."

Has this happened to anybody here?

I used "Buy it Now" for an auction for 9 Lego Shell sets and exchanged
several emails with the seller.  He gave me the total amount due and where
to send payment to.  I let him know that I mailed out a check to him the day
the auction ended.  Now the auction has the above wording at the top of it
and is running again on Ebay.

Has anyone had an experience with an item being relisted like this?  Does
this mean that I should stop the payment?  Is the seller trying to sell the
same items to someone else?  Or is there a legitimate reason for something
being relisted?

Thanks for your help.

- Bob