 Marketplace / Auctions / 7576
Re: Shady seller?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 04:10:34 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
What's up with these auctions?
http://cgi6.ca.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=lego-seller&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25

Located in Germany, but auction in Australian dollars.  Only payment
option is cash, but in *any* currency.  And no feedback yet.

I inquired about this and was told by the seller that he needed a credit
card to list in US$ on US eBay.  His subterfuge was to list in AUS$ to get a
wider audience than eBay Germany.  I'll see what his follow through
is......if he's a problem you'll hear about it.  Honestly though, I've never
been stiffed on a cash payment and even had a guy in Germany refund a $20
overpay (new bills stuck together).