 Marketplace / Auctions / 7574
Re: EBAY Listing Fee Increases - Anti-LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:44:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Jon Kozan writes:
They're increasing the listing fees across the board.
In particular, they're discouraging small auctions by increasing the opening
bids on lots starting under $10 by 20%, whereas other opening bid listings are
only increasing 10%.

<snip>

Which makes me wonder...  are they trying to reduce the number of "lets list it
for 25-cents and take whatever we get" type of auctions (many of which get no
bids) ar do they view this portion of the market as having the highest return
for a fee increase.

Ray