 Marketplace / Auctions / 7558
Re: Lego Model of PSInet stadium - Is this guy another master builder?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:20:00 GMT

Matthew Teets wrote:

I'm not affiliated with this gentleman nor his auction, but I am impressed.
Check out the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1107960669

I can't help but think there has to be an impressive set of pieces you could
get (special colors maybe?)

Nah, I think it's just normal red and blue, just a poor picture. Or it
could be Mega Bloks. Someone should report that auction to eBay though,
it's pretty clearly an add for his custom model shop, and may not even
be a real attempt to actually sell this item. Of course if brick count
is correct, it's 50 cents a brick, which wouldn't really be worth paying
even if there were some special colors.

Oops, just read the web site:

Burik Model Design will construct a
detailed replica model of your home,
stadium, or building. Each model is
made with Lego building blocks then
meticulously hand painted to match the
exterior facade of your structure.

So much for specially colored bricks, in fact, by painting it, I begin
to wonder what's the real benefit of the model being LEGO? I guess it
could be built quicker than by using other modeling techniques.

Frank