 Marketplace / Auctions / 6939
Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:12:40 GMT

Dan Boger wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ran Talbott writes:
If you buy from spammers,  you support spam.  If you say,  "Well,
*this* spam is okay,  because it's pitching something I like",  you
lose your moral grounds for objecting to the next one that comes along
that you *don't* like.

While true, that if you buy from spammers you make it ok, it's differnet to say
that I may like the product, but I will not buy it from a spammer.  Jenn and I
are very much against spam, and IMO, the fact that it's lego related doesn't
make it any better.

Dan

A few weeks ago I did receive an email from these people questioning how I
personally felt about a LEGO Price List.  I told them that I didn't object to it,
as long as it had a price range, and not a set figure.  For insurance purposes we
really do need a price list.  I believe many of you have had problems in getting
your collections insured when there is no single source document to reference.  As
for EBAY sellers using the price list as a measuring stick???   Well if they price
things too high, they risk not having anyone bid on the merchandise.  I have seen
this a lot lately anyway.  And with LEGO Direct coming online, I think that the
secondary LEGO market may soften somewhat (although rare or in demand sets will not
be affected).

Gary Istok