 Marketplace / Auctions / 6903
  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) Dan got one, i haven't finished going through my mail yet... if i get one, i can't decide if i would get one or spamcop.net it (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) If you buy from spammers, you support spam. If you say, "Well, *this* spam is okay, because it's pitching something I like", you lose your moral grounds for objecting to the next one that comes along that you *don't* like. #include (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) While true, that if you buy from spammers you make it ok, it's differnet to say that I may like the product, but I will not buy it from a spammer. Jenn and I are very much against spam, and IMO, the fact that it's lego related doesn't make it (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) A few weeks ago I did receive an email from these people questioning how I personally felt about a LEGO Price List. I told them that I didn't object to it, as long as it had a price range, and not a set figure. For insurance purposes we (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) I think I received this email, and deleted it as unsolicited email. I agree with Istok's essential proviso but hasten to add that in addition to a price range a truly robust pricing scheme would include a method of grading a set for (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) I think it's a lot more likely that the sheer size of the database was making searches a *lot* slower (causing customer frustration), and greatly increasing their costs without doing much to increase profits. ebay is so huge that they're (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) <blueofnoon@aol.com> (...) existing (...) underway. (...) What is funny is that the pages are still there you just can't search to find them. I have scrapbooked search result pages and still been able to view the lots that they contain over (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) existing (...) underway. (...) One thing they could do to make the database and searches more manageable would be to actually break the database into smaller databases by category. This would really encourage people to put their stuff in the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) Not surprising, if you know a little about the guts of systems like that: it's very cheap to do "get record # 899542", but expensive to do "search 5 gigabytes of information about 2 million auctions, and see if any of the descriptions (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) It would also encourage people to deliberately mis-categorize their wares, if they thought they could reach a larger audience. Steve (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) would (...) Well, their TOS specifically addresses mis-categorization. In fact, I've been tempted to invoke this, it specifically addresses, and disallows things like "Mega Bloks set, just like LEGO". By a strict reading of their TOS in fact, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"

(...) Richard, I did mention set condition, but not completeness (which is also very important). I have seen two recent sets go for wildly differing prices. One was a USA 725 (Town Plan from 1963) that went for $207 in very good condition to as (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction)