 Marketplace / Auctions / 6900
Re: Did anyone else get this? - "Buy The Brick"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:11:54 GMT

John Robert-Blaze Kanehl wrote:
  What is the value of any Lego set?  ...Only what someone is willig to bid
in the last second of your auction.

You don't have that quite right... The value is at most one bid
increment more than the amount a 2nd person is willing to bid. I.e.
something is only worth a high amount if at least two people think so at
the same time. If I suddenly decided that set XYZ was worth $500, it's
only worth that much if someone else also thinks so, otherwise, I'll win
the auction for a little bit more than what other folks value it at.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com