 Marketplace / Auctions / 6591
Re: a public response to Mr. Stangl's comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 00:39:40 GMT

Oh god!  grow up tom.  you've already said that you won't waste your time on
this once before and youre going back on it now.  Youve obviously never even
made and attempt at customizing a piece at home and it shows.  Now you just
sit there and make foolish attempts to berate me in front of this newsgroup.
That is really small of you.  other people got the joke so maybe you need to
think a little more outside the box and realize that there is more than one
way to build with bricks. whether or not it is done your way is your problem.
We'll see if your last post is really your last word on this matter.  so once
again I'm going to ask you to grow up and realize that there are other ways to
do things than the way you might do them or in your case think they might be
done.  To this day I have still not seen anyone but you have a problem with
this matter or with my post.  And also if standing up for myself and my
opinions is a "troll" for attention then by all means hand me my soapbox.
Just remember I tried to be nice and not blow this open in the newsgroups.
But you are the one who insisted on continuing to post on this matter.  So
once again grow up.  Happy building to those creative enough to do so.  And my
apologies to all who have had to put up with what has amounted to a petty
argument that Tom insists on continuing.

In lugnet.market.auction, Tom Stangl writes:
I'm not going to waste my time with your pigheadededness and obvious trolls • for
attention via email or newsgroups anymore.  My last word on it:

YOUR exact words "Please excuse my pessimism and possible ignorance in this • matter
but it seems
like a trip to sears for some 400 grit sandpaper and a can of silver krylon • might
yield similiar results pending a small amount of elbow grease and fume • tolerance"

Hmmmm, "Please excuse my pessimism and possible ignorance in this matter"...

Don't even try to waste my time saying that was a joke - there was no joke • and no
sarcasm in your post, you obviously DIDN'T have a clue and were backpedalling
trying to prove you did.

Adam Myers wrote:

Yes I am fully aware that these are real sets.  So you had no ignorance to
solve.  also the pessimism was shelved before you even posted.  I am fully
aware that many lego pieces hold value to collectors and hobbyists alike.  I
pray that you are not so ignorant as to believe that someone browsing a lego
auction newsgroup would not know this.

I pray you are not so ignorant as to expect everyone TO have that knowledge, • just
look at postings here to prove the contrary.  Spend some time here before • shooting
off your mouth.

And also you obviously havent spent any
great deal of time customizing lego pieces.  With proper time and attention
anyone can make a silver piece that can pass for one from lego.

I doubt you could EVER paint a piece that would look EXACTLY like the Lego • coating
on a tailpipe.  Prove me wrong, please.  But I doubt you can.

FUT .debate (though I won't waste MY time on this anymore, others can if they
wish)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/