 Marketplace / Auctions / 6501
Update: eBay Anger - 2 users canceled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 03:27:44 GMT

Scott,
Just got word back from safeharbor at eBay:
"Thank you for taking the time to contact us with this information.  I
have reviewed the information that you have provided and wanted to let
you know that I have suspended the members that you alerted us to.

I would like to thank you for your help in keeping eBay a fun and safe
place to trade.

Regards,

<name snipped>
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team"

So there is something a seller can do about it!
Clark

In lugnet.market.auction, Clark Stephens writes:
Scott,
You can contact safeharbor@ebay.com with situations like this. It violates two
rules: 1)it's called bid shielding & 2)use of profane language. Ebay doesn't
keep track of items or violations unless someone notifies them. In this case
the seller is the one that canceled the bids. Sellers have the option to
refuse any bids. I've already notified them about the two profane users.

I've contacted safeharbor many times. You get a standard comp-gen letter at
first & then a people letter later. Despite the limits in their other
services, I've been very pleased with the response from their investigations
team.

Clark

In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Runkle writes:
I have never seen something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=405769434

Does anyone know this seller?

How does eBay help the seller in this situation?

Scott Runkle
http://members.fcc.net/runkle/