 Marketplace / Auctions / 6424
Re: Ironic LEGO Auction Item
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:23:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Karl Barger writes:

I have to ask, if the set is boxed how does the person running the auction
know the pieces are missing?  Shouldn't "boxed" mean it's in a factory sealed
box?  I guess not.  :-)

No, typically the person would say "MISB" if that's what they meant- "Mint In
Sealed Box".

I wonder what the person running the auction meant
by "boxed?"

Perhpas that the box comes with it?  It's not unreasonable to expect a little
extra for a toy in it's original box, even if it's been opened and played with.

For my part, the fact that the seller has the box (whether the set had always
been stored in it or not) indicates that the person put at least some thought
into taking care of the item.

Of course, just saying it's "boxed" doesn't actually mean that the seller is
talking about the original box... I'd email him to clarify before making any
assumptions.

eric