 Marketplace / Auctions / 6005
    FBI to probe online auction scam (from the BBC) —Scott Arthur
   This is not LEGO, but I thought I'd pass it on: The FBI is to investigate the sale of a painting on an internet auction site, after the seller appeared to push the price up from 15 pence to £70,000 by bidding for it himself. For the rest see: (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: FBI to probe online auction scam (from the BBC) —Will Middelaer
   (...) (URL) ebay removed this from the searchable index about 4 days after it ended, but I had bookmarked it the first time I saw it. Will (FUT to .theory) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: FBI to probe online auction scam (from the BBC) —John MacDonald
    (...) inflate the price is illegal in the US. It would be nice if eBay could get there act together on this. Last night I reported one user and it turns out he had 15 different accounts that he was using to bid on his own auctions. And I am still (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction)