 Marketplace / Auctions / 6005
6004  |  6006
Subject:
FBI to probe online auction scam (from the BBC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:21:46 GMT

This is not LEGO, but I thought I'd pass it on:

The FBI is to investigate the sale of a painting
on an internet auction site, after the seller
appeared to push the price up from 15 pence
to £70,000 by bidding for it himself.

For the rest see:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_783000/783692.stm