 Marketplace / Auctions / 5853
Re: AucZILLA XIII is up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:51:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Wilson wrote:

Auczilla does have its good points, but having tried it, for me they are
outweighed by the fact that it's about the most expensive possible way
of getting parts, and (most important) it takes so long - months! - to
get the parts that by the time they arrive I don't need them any more
(thus making the premium price paid for them even more "too expensive").

I can't say much about the price, except that the premium price is a direct
result of the ease of use and level of trust people experience with
AucZILLA.

It's a *lot* easier to watch and bid for parts on AucZILLA than most other
auction systems.  Especially eBay.  I can handle bidding for sets on eBay,
a few at a time, but I can't imagine dealing with parts-bidding where I
might be involved in dozens of lots simultaneously.  If I tried that on
eBay, I'd go nuts, dealing with the fixed-end-times of all the different
auctions.  And then dealing with hooking up with all the different
parts-sellers.

Blech.

As for the time-lag, yeah, that is annoying.  But AucZILLA is also getting
better.  I haven't tracked the time lag for the various iterations, but I'm
certain I'm getting the parts sooner after the end of the auction than I
used to.

Steve