 Marketplace / Auctions / 5488
  Re: Question for eBay experts

(...) Read the statements they have underneath the bidding box. By entering a bid greater than the current asking price, you automatically make a proxy bid. It's much simpler than 2 boxes, but I've only been on eBay since January. (...) Right. Your (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Question for eBay experts

(...) I remembered (incorrectly, it sounds like) that there once long ago was two text-entry fields -- one for a hard bid and one for a soft bid. I was surprised, confused, and horrified to see the first box go away [sic]. (...) 1. Because it's (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Question for eBay experts

(...) Are you sure you aren't thinking of serious collector, didn't they use the two boxes like you are thinking? Paul (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Question for eBay experts

If the auction is in the format of "going-1, going-2, sold", a new bid will extend the auction for at least one more day, so you may want to place a high hard bid, to save everybody time. This does not apply to the auctions at ebay, which has a hard (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Question for eBay experts

Hi Dave, I work on the premise that the days of finding a bargain on ebay are long gone so if you have a realistic bid on an item, you will tend not to have to many bidders to compete with. You don't rely on an item that starts at a dollar and is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.auction)