 Marketplace / Auctions / 4830
Re: Heads-up: eBay Preferences Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:37:41 GMT

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:51:15 GMT, Mr L F Braun
<braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

[...]
Sneaky wabbits, they are.  I just got an email from eBay about
"reviewing my options and preferences"--to ensure that they're right,
because something hairy apparently happened in November.  I have a
feeling eBay is hoping lots of people won't check or will put it off,
because when I went to the page, all the "yes" marks for accepting
solicitous email, snail mail, and *shudder* telemarketing were ticked!
Any eBay LUGNETter who doesn't want these things, check your preferences
now:
[...]

I clicked on the "TRUSTe" logo and found information on how to contact
eBay regarding their privacy policy, and how to escalate to TRUSTe if
not satisfied with their answer.

This might be futile, but I'm composing mail now.  I did change my
preferences awhile ago when I got the email, but my annoyance at their
default settings hadn't actually bubbled to the top of the "to do"
list till now.

-gus