 Marketplace / Auctions / 4414
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:01:57 GMT

Mike & Frank & Todd,

I suppose the problem is that I'm lazy - some extra words or separate posts
were required in retrospect. But please do not assume any deliberate deceit
was intended. I'm just a man of few words that it all.

Scott A

BTW : I read these earlier:
http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=4396
http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=6015

Scott-A <scott-arthur@eh105jb.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
Pre Auction Announcement/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

Todd,
the title explains it all. It is a announcement that I intend to have an
auction soon - however if anyone wants to buy/trade before the auction
starts (my preferred outcome) they are free to do so. I have offered most • of
these items as trade/sale items before on LUGNet...this was LUGNuts last
chance before I go to ebay.

Sure, I could have posted two separate posts which said the same thing (ie • :
A Pre auction announcement & a sale/trade post) but I decided not to in
order to sane time. I have made posts like this before.

I am not sure what I have done wrong? I see posts daily which I consider • to
break the rules, but nothing is done (?).

Scott A

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.auction & lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott Arthur • writes:
I have over 20 auctions ready to go online over the next 48 hours or • so.
[...]
Otherewise, watch ebay this weekend. As always, lots will have NO • RESERVE &
start at $0.01.

Ah, yes, wonderful.  Yet another blatant auction announcment crossposted
to .buy-sell.trade.

I don't get it.  I thought we went over this several times already:

1.  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2626
2.  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2688
3.  http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=1032
4.  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=3602

I have reinserted the filter in the newsserver which helps Scott • remember
not
to post auction announcemenets to .market.buy-sell-trade.  The filter is
again rather broad and prevents Scott from posting anything at all to • .market
.buy-sell-trade (since it can't be smart enough to actually discern the
difference between an auction post and a non-auction post).  He can • still
post
to other groups, although I begin to wonder at this point whether the • filter
is overly lenient.

--Todd

[followups to .admin.general]