 Marketplace / Auctions / 4182
Re: Ebay prices going down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:13:37 GMT

I think that three things are happening here:

#1 - I did not see that auction, otherwise I would have bid $0.50 each for
them.  I am not looking at ebay for buying much these days because of how
much I have spent due to the Target clearances.  (Found 2 more Pharaoh's
forbidden ruins yesterday!  When did those show up?  I went through 2
clean-ups prior to these finds).  Many people may be in the same situation.

#2 - People have been complaining that ebay prices are too high.  If they
stop looking, prices get too low.  It just takes a while for the market to
stabilize.  Maybe this was an abnormally low blip.

#3 - How many people are holding out on buying pieces because they are
waiting for Lego Direct to begin bulk sales?  Without any real ideas on
prices and availability, there is uncertainty.  Uncertainty will drive
prices up or down, depending on what is uncertain.  In this case, it appears
to be driving them down.

Mike Poindexter

Eric McCarthy <bendyarm@aol.com> wrote in message
There is a recent Ebay auction that really suprised me.

24 black 2x2x11 pillars from the Night Lord's Castle,
    which usually sell for around $1 each, went for only
    $7.50 total, around 32 cents each
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=238958270

Have other people who shop Ebay for parts more than I do
noticed a general decrease in prices, or do you think this
one is an anomaly?

/Eric McCarthy/