 Marketplace / Auctions / 348
Re: Re Trying out the auction thing (yahoo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:21:09 GMT

Well, FWIW, the Yahoo auction is basically the old OnSale auction setup,
and I have bought many a part from OnSale with no problems, so the Yahoo
auctions will probably take off pretty well.

Mike Stanley wrote:

Dave Jost <djost@cybertrails.com> wrote:
Dear Mike ......

Got a question for you and would like you to share it with all of us.
What in your opinion was good or bad about the Yahoo Auction thing??

Hrmmmm.

Good:

Easy.
They let you upload pictures to your "album" for the auction.
E-mail at end of auction was quick
For sellers you can see how many hits the auction received.
Buyers can ask questions and have them answered on the auction page.

Bad:
Not much.
Tiny bid increment, like a dime.  I haven't bid in one yet so I'm not
exactly sure how it works, but that could be annoying.  Will look into
it more.
Definitely less pass-through traffic than ebay, but I did get well
over 200 hits, and only 30 or 40 of those were mine that I know of.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET

--
| Tom Stangl, Technical Support          Netscape Communications Corp |
|      Please do not associate my personal views with my employer     |