 Marketplace / Auctions / 3376
Re: MEANING OF MINT IN SEALED BOX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:21:19 GMT

guy merckx wrote:

Mint in sealed box is in my opninion the achievement of perfection in
collecting lego. It is men's nature to go for perfection.

Lets start with perfection in grammar... "man's nature!

For instance, people
who're collecting stamps are trying to have them unused. The values of them
are also far more higher than ordinary examples. That's also the reason why
lego collecting , seen from investment point of vue , is best done by
acquiring mint in box items. During my collection period, i tried to have as
many as possible sets in mint and sealed condition. I 'm a strong believer
that into the near future demand for rare unopened and sealed sets will
slightly keeping to increase and for that will be a  worthfull investment.

You buy Lego as an investment then? If so I think you'd be better spending your
money elsewhere. What I think MISB sets are great for is trading... as they are a
known quantity (i.e. I know they are complete and I know they are in good
condition).

Scott A