 Marketplace / Auctions / 2625
  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) An email to a bidder with the S@H phone number is bid siphoning under eBay TOS. And eBay TOS applies to you whether you are registered as a bidder or seller or not. (it applies as of the moment you view the first eBay page, your viewing is (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) I know you've said you feel constrained to abide by that ridiculous interpretation of the TOS, especially since you wish to continue to bid on things at eBay. But do you honestly think people who have no desire to register or use eBay are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) Hmm. Curiousity. What about e-mailing a bidder after the auction is over? What if you wait until the auction is over, and then provide neutral feedback? Could eBay legitimately gripe if I went out and bid on one of these 'rare' sets, and then (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) There is a difference here. Your proposed TOS is saying that since you've visited us, you must pay. It would be like a store saying that now that you've come in the door, you must pay us. There is no opportunity to read to the contract before (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

Hey Larry, Send the bidders email address and details of where the item is cheaper to me and I'll email them. Everyone knows how much respect I have for ebay, stuff this TOS business. Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) If you won the bid, it probably wouldn't be against the TOS to leave a comment that you felt swindled, but you would not have recourse to back out of the purchase because of this (note that even Todd doesn't allow this for Auczilla). Once you (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)