 Marketplace / Auctions / 2547
2546  |  2548
Subject:
SeriousCollector.com - service interruption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:43:32 GMT

Hi folks,

Please be advised that we had to take the SeriousCollector.com server offline
at 11:00 PM on Tuesday. We received notice from another host that our server
was misbehaving in an odd fashion. I truly regret the inconvenience, and humbly
request your patience while we resolve the issue.

For those interested, our server was conducting a DoS attack on another
(single) host.  We're trying to identify the reason for this behaviour.

While it was not technically required that we take the server offline in
response, the internet good neighbor required the shutdown. Since we're an
organization of nice, friendly people, we decided not to be rude, and thus take
the server offline until we can make it behave.

Thanks,

Derick Bulkley