 Marketplace / Auctions / 2512
Re: Is MISB meaningless?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:17:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Is MISB meaningless?

Surly if a Lego set is still sealed inside inside its box it must be in mint
condition, and if it is not there is no way of knowing?

By definition, yes!  Mint doesn't mean perfect, mint (literally) means "from
the mint," which is typically perfect, but not guaranteed.  "New" is safer --
it communicates this better.  :)

Still, as a buyer, MISB doesn't necessarily tell me what condition the box
is in.  All I can conclude from "MISB" is that the elements are "mint in
sealed box," while for all I know the box may only be in good or fair
condition...?

--Todd