 Marketplace / Auctions / 2380
Re: ebay is free to list today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:50:54 GMT

dkrenz wrote:

Now, I know Mike has set up BRICKS for us and it is always FREE, ;-)
Thanks Mike!!!!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/
But if you're looking to get a bit more exposure ebay is finally giving
us that free day they promised back in the beginning of summer. But
hurry up, it's only until midnight tonight. I just found out.

Unfortuanately one casualty of this free day was temporarily dropping
the "my eBay" service. How do they expect people to keep track of
auctions without this? They even suggested they might have to drop
search by bidder (fortuanately they didn't do this). Great. The result
would have been no way to tell what you're currently bidding on. It's
bad enough that the my eBay no longer gives your maximum bid (so if you
lose the bid confirmation e-mail, there's no way to tell how much you're
currently committed to spending - I wonder how many people have had to
cancel bids because of this).

I really hope Serious Collector takes off. We need a good source of LEGO
set and piece auctions.

Follow ups to lugnet.market.theory

--
Frank Filz