 Marketplace / Auctions / 236
    Re: Why do I beat my head against the wall? —Steve Bliss
   (...) Even if the minimum time was 2-3 hours, it would make a big difference. That would deal with most of the arguments about people getting swooped minutes before the auction closes, and being physically unable to find out they had lost the bid (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Why do I beat my head against the wall? —Julie Krenz
   Sunday night Ebay was having technical difficulties. They had to reboot their database server, so there was no access to the auctions for about 35 minutes. Snipers the world over must have been cursing at their computers. Julie (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Why do I beat my head against the wall? —Steve Bliss
   (...) I can't begin to tell you how that makes me feel. Well, maybe I can: :) Steve (26 years ago, 3-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.auction)