 Marketplace / Auctions / 2333
  The Return of THE BRICKYARD!

The Brickyard Returns! www.ebrickyard.com After a summer of semi-hibernation, The Brickyard is proud to announce its return to the Lego auction community! We've taken advantage of our downtime to completely overhaul both hardware and software (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: The Return of THE BRICKYARD!

(...) Are you still using the EveryAuction script? Looks pretty cool. (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: The Return of THE BRICKYARD!

(...) Mike, Nope. Got tired of the limitations of the flat-file layout of EA and wrote a true SQL based script... Perl accessing MySQL. Mostly MOC except for some DB access routines. The thing flies and I don't have to worry about getting multiple (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: The Return of THE BRICKYARD!

Caution, MySQL isn't transaction safe. It doesn't even SUPPORT transactions. Cool stuff otherwise, though. So don't spin up multiple copies of your server, or you'll be sorry. (if you get to the point where you have a scaling problem, you're doing (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: The Return of THE BRICKYARD!

(...) Thanks Larry, I'll keep that in mind. Glad you like the site... (...) If I run into scaling issues, you'll be the first to know! {g} Thanks again for the feedback, Gene @ The Brickyard The Brickyard Not just parts. Possibilities. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)