 Marketplace / Auctions / 2147
Re: FA: 23000 Lego Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:45:25 GMT

Naji Norder <n.norder@computer.org> wrote:
In lugnet.market.auction, Steve Bliss writes:
Minor nit--why is the category-links list squished into a narrow column?

Steve

Is it squishing for you?  What resolution are you browsing with?  I tested it
down to 640x480 on a 15" monitor (with the standard document font sizes) and it
looks fine to me.  I can certainly change it around, though, if that would mean
that you would bid. ;-)

My problem is that the html code is being written by the C code, and my C
programming is better than my html.  (Well, a little better.)  Is anyone else
having this trouble?  I'd love to know, both so I can fix it (and potentially
get more bidders) and so I can fix it (and know not to mess it up in future
projects).  The only feasible alternative (see below) would be to move the
categories below the other info.  If I did, would you (or anyone) be willing to
scroll all the way down to see the last few columns?  I worry that you
wouldn't, and I want that stuff to sell, too.

Dunno if this is what Steve was talking about, but in my browser, IE5
running at 1024x768, I see a 40/60 table with the auction categories
being squeezed into a teeny tiny section on the left.

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)