 Marketplace / Auctions / 2040
2039  |  2041
Subject:
Reverse (buyer's) auction for train windows and other parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:51:56 GMT

Mike P and Mike U have offered various prices for train parts, as did
I,  in a thread started in market.b-s-t

Since we have several buyers competing for scarce sellers, seems to me
we have a reverse auction going here, even though we don't currently
have any sellers. I hope this will shake some loose. Or even wake up TLG
to the value of a train parts pack.

Hopefully my raises of Mike and Mike (and any subsequent input by
others, which is welcome in this thread) will shake some sellers loose.

My offers are for used in good condition (no marred printing, major
scratches or serious yellowing/fading) or better.

Please note... I do NOT have any of these items for sale at these
prices. This is what I am willing to PAY. (However, if the prices go
high enough, I may turn around and sell) Do NOT mail me with requests to
sell or bids, please.

This is my current understanding of where things are, I invite
corrections

(Sellers: on all of these "with glass", offer without if you want, I bet
most of us would consider it, but separating it would be confusing based
on what people bid already, I think. I tried and I could not figure it
out...)

Train Doors, with glass
Blue    - Lar:    11 a pair (Mike U: 10 a pair, Mike P: 8.50 a pair)
Yellow  - Mike U: 10 a pair (Mike P: 8.50 a pair,  Lar 8 a pair)
Red     - Mike U: 10 a pair (Mike P: 6.00 a pair, Lar 4 a pair)
Black   - Mike P: 6 a pair
White   - Mike P: 6 a pair
Gray    - Lar:    9 a pair (Mike P: 8.50 a pair)

Door glass, loose (either color) - Mike U: 1 each

1x4x3 train windows with glass

Blue   - Lar: 6 (Mike P: 5.5)
Yellow - Lar: 6 (Mike U: 5 Mike P: 4.5)
Red    - Mike U: 5 (Mike P: 4)
Black  - Mike P: 4
White  - Mike P: 4
Gray   - Mike U: 6 (Mike P: 5.5)

1x4x3 window glass, loose

Trans     -  Mike U: 1.50 (Mike P: 1.25)
Trans LtB -  Mike U: 1.50 (Mike P: 1.25)

1x2x3 train windows with glass

Blue   - Lar 6 (Mike P: 5)
Yellow - Lar 5 (Mike U: 4.5 Mike P: 4.0)
Red    - Lar 5 (Mike U: 4.5 Mike P: 4)
Black  - Lar 5 (Mike P: 4)
White  - no bids
Gray   - Lar 5 (Mike U: 4.5 Mike P: 4)

1x2x3 window glass, loose

Trans     -  Mike U: 1.50 Mike P: 1.25
Trans LtB -  Lar: 1.75 Mike U: 1.50 Mike P: 1.25

6x24 wagon plate:
Black - Mike P: 4
Red   - Lar: 3

6x28 wagon plate:
Black  - Mike P: 5
Red    - Lar: 2.50 (this is less than the S@H price)
Grey   - Lar: 7 Mike P: 6
Blue (is this right, or is the blue one the shorter one?)

6x34 sunken
Black   - Mike U: 8 Mike P: 7
Yellow  - Mike P: 4
Gray    - Lar: 16 Mike U: 15 Mike P: 10