 Marketplace / Auctions / 1892
  Clone bricks in auctions

A while ago, I bought 11 pounds of Lego on an eBay auction listed as 6991 Lego Racetrack. I jumped at it, as it was a low price (due to not being listed as monorail) and was happy to pay for the product, which was advertised as 11 pounds of Lego. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: Clone bricks in auctions

Mike, I think that your only recourse is to ask this person to deal with you, and maybe rectify their mistake, and failing that, to flame the hell out of them on Ebay feedback and on lugnet. They may say that they didn't know the difference... (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: Clone bricks in auctions

I think putting marbles in to increase weight is way over the top. Leaving them in because you couldn't be bothered to clean things up is shoddy, but just barely acceptable if the listing is explicit that they're in there. Based on your description, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: Clone bricks in auctions

In your position, I would definitely contact the seller. Thirty percent non-Lego certainly sounds excessive to me and, as Larry said, time elapsed from point of sale is irrelavent. I'm generally pretty lenient with sellers who obviously aren't Lego (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: Clone bricks in auctions

Unfortunately, that is one of the dilemmas of dealing on eBay (I'm not badmouthing it, cuz I bid on eBay frequently myself). However, frequently the sellers are not very Lego knowledgeable (although there is no excuse for marbles). Being an (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)