 Marketplace / Auctions / 166
165  |  167
Subject:
Lots of Bricks auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:36:57 GMT

Greetings:

This is my second Lego block auction.  If you have any comments, let me
know.

This announcement and auction updates will go to rec.toys.lego and
lugnet.market.auction  in addition to the bidders via email.

I am offering the bricks listed below for auction.  Every block is new
and has never been in my mouth.  The prices listed are all in $US.  For
each lot listed, the highest two bids will be listed to the right with
an abbreviated name of the bidder.

When you email bids to me, please increment prices by at least $.05 or
5% whichever is greater.

The final sale price will be equal to the 2nd highest bid + 1/5 the
difference between the highest and the 2nd highest.  (e.g. if a lot has
the two highest bids of $3 and $4, the sale price will be $3.20)  If a
lot sells for the opening/minimum bid with no bid-competitions, the sale
price will be equal to the opening bid.  If the opening bid is greater
than the minimum bid, the minimum bid will be used as the 2nd highest
bid.

The bidder listed at the top of a list and who's name appears on the
same line as the
'going' status is the bidder with the current high bid.

The buyer will be responsible for real or mutually acceptable estimated
shipping expenses.  This means that the more you buy the less the
shipping costs will be per lot.

After a while (frequently a day) with no bids, a lot will advance
through the progression of ‘high bid’ -> ‘going’ -> ‘goingx2’ -> ‘sold.’

I have been asked about bidding on a whole color set.  I’ve decided that
this is fine and that I will accept group bids like that when the dollar
value is greater than the dollar value of the bids on the individual
parts.  Please don’t ask about any other kinds of group bids as it gets
to be too much for me to keep recorded.

If you see problems with the way I’m doing this, feel free to make
suggestions.  I’m new to it.

The blocks:

WHITE:
120 1x1 blocks