 Marketplace / Auctions / 1655
Re: 6273 Rock Island Refuge auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 13:16:51 GMT

Geoffrey C. Runge wrote:

I'm poking my head out of a college induced dark age and I'm auctioning off an
old 6273 Rock Island Refuge pirate set.  The pieces are in their little holey
bages and the outer box (but not the inner cardboard tray) is still there too
(albeit rather roughed up). I'd like to keep my future auctions off of Ebay,
and this one will be the big test.  It's a cool set, and I hope that the
cancelation of the Pirate line hasn't dulled its potential demand.

The cancellation of the Pirate line has only increased potential
demand...

Here are the rules:
1. I'd like to start the bidding at $15.00.
2. If a person holds the highest bid for 72 hours they win.
3. Bids must be in one dollar increments.
4. Payment should be made as a money order or check, with shipping of the set
delayed until the check clears.
5. I will try to update the bids @midnight EST daily, but i know for a fact
that I'll be unable to of Tuesday the 25th, and perhaps Friday and Saturday,
the 28th and 29th of May.  If someone held the high bid for 72 hours, and
someone were to outbid them while I was away I would consider the first person
the winner.  Does that make sense?

It's in your interest, and really the general interest of bidders to not
close an auction too soon, I would suggest you consider something more
like the following:

High bid held for 3 succesive midnight updates.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com