 Marketplace / Auctions / 1554
    4x4 white quarter-circle bricks for auction/trade —Tom Stangl
   OK, the bidding on these 20 bricks in a wellknown auction has gotten insane enough that I decided to see if I had enough of them to list as a solitary auction. Whaddya know, I do. I have 16 of them. With them ready to jump over $2/each in that (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: 4x4 white quarter-circle bricks for auction/trade —Tom Stangl
   Well, I'm a bit braindead - the ones in the other auction are the "macaroni" bricks ( (URL) ), mine are FOURbyFOUR quarter-circles ( (URL) ). So please temper your bidding with this knowledge, as mine aren't quite as rare/popular. Sorry for getting (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Circle/Disc terminology —Todd Lehman
   (...) I think I see what happened -- the source of the confusion is in the terminology -- and I made the same mistake that Tom made when I read his post (I just saw the words "quarter-circle" and "white" and glossed over the "4x4" part). The (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database)

        Re: Circle/Disc terminology —Larry Pieniazek
     In your terminology, though, I'd argue that they should not be called circles! Circles have no thickness. What will you do if TlG brings out the following bricks... a 4 radius cylinder with a 2 radius cylinder subtracted b 4 radius cylinder with a 3 (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database)

         Re: Circle/Disc terminology —Todd Lehman
     (...) Ahh, good points. Both the "2x2 Cylinder Brick" and the "2x2 Quarter-Circle Brick" are 1 brick tall, but a cylinder (in geometry) actually has a volume and a circle (in geometry) has only circumference to speak of. This is an anomaly to be (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database)

        Re: Circle/Disc terminology —Simon Robinson
   Isn't there any web site that has generally agreed on names for all the lego bricks? (Or even better - one where the names are being decided and we can all argue over them <grin>) Simon (URL)I think I see what happened -- the source of the confusion (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database)