 Marketplace / Auctions / 1554
  4x4 white quarter-circle bricks for auction/trade

OK, the bidding on these 20 bricks in a wellknown auction has gotten insane enough that I decided to see if I had enough of them to list as a solitary auction. Whaddya know, I do. I have 16 of them. With them ready to jump over $2/each in that (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: 4x4 white quarter-circle bricks for auction/trade

Well, I'm a bit braindead - the ones in the other auction are the "macaroni" bricks ( (URL) ), mine are FOURbyFOUR quarter-circles ( (URL) ). So please temper your bidding with this knowledge, as mine aren't quite as rare/popular. Sorry for getting (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Circle/Disc terminology

(...) I think I see what happened -- the source of the confusion is in the terminology -- and I made the same mistake that Tom made when I read his post (I just saw the words "quarter-circle" and "white" and glossed over the "4x4" part). The (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Circle/Disc terminology

In your terminology, though, I'd argue that they should not be called circles! Circles have no thickness. What will you do if TlG brings out the following bricks... a 4 radius cylinder with a 2 radius cylinder subtracted b 4 radius cylinder with a 3 (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Circle/Disc terminology

Isn't there any web site that has generally agreed on names for all the lego bricks? (Or even better - one where the names are being decided and we can all argue over them <grin>) Simon (URL)I think I see what happened -- the source of the confusion (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Circle/Disc terminology

(...) Ahh, good points. Both the "2x2 Cylinder Brick" and the "2x2 Quarter-Circle Brick" are 1 brick tall, but a cylinder (in geometry) actually has a volume and a circle (in geometry) has only circumference to speak of. This is an anomaly to be (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database)