 Marketplace / Auctions / 1477
Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 01:47:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
I must be dreaming but there I was sitting in my office busy working away
when the phone rang.  Umm....I thought to myself.. who could this be?

.....it was a woman with what seemed to be a german accent ringing to tell
me my registration with the Serious Collector had been accepted!!!

This may sound trifle but keep in mind I live in New Zealand....that group
of islands located in that dark and murky place known to those living "Up
Top" as "Down Under"....

Filling out the registration form I never in my wildest dreams imagined I'd
get a phone call and at the time I specified.  I didn't even include the
international country code for my phone number.

If that isn't great service I don't know what is.......

After recovering from the shock all I can say to Derick and his team is
"Keep up the good work mate!"

This has to rank along side the time I filled in a school questionnaire for
the hell of it and ended up winning a set of collector's edition phone
cards.  I hadn't even put my real name.

Ummm.... now it's time I began spending some of my $3,000,000 lotto winnings
from last week.....

A rather speechless
Sanjay

Reminds me of my win a 2 years ago.  J&R Music World constantly has drawings
for all kinds of things: concert tickets, audio equipment, CDs, trips, etc..

Well sitting at my desk one day, I got a call telling me that I had won a
contest and that my prize would be New Year's Eve at the Metropilitan Opera
(usually a gala performance).  Well, being a New Yorker - I said  - yeah right
and hung up.  A few minutes later I called the J&R classical store to check up
on it.  The manager, who I knew, put me on hold an verified I had won.

Not only tickets to the performance ($500 each including the gala dinner and
dancing afterward), a limo picked us up at our apartment, drove us to the 4
seasons hotel (where champagne awaited), then took us to the Met where we had
5th row center seats, and the champagne dinner afterward.  The limo took us
back to the hotel where another bottle of champagne waited.  In the morning,
after a special New Year's Brunch at the hotel, the limo picked us up and drove
us home.

I night I will never forget!!