 Marketplace / Auctions / 1339
  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

(...) I think what ultimately hurts an auction site (or any site, for that matter) is not giving people the features they want. How many IRL auctions have you -ever- heard of that -didn't- allow large bid jumps? The kind of jumps that cause the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) then (...) final (...) For a Siege Cart?? Wow! Actually thats roughly 66% more, but who's counting. :-) OTOH, if he had bid $50 or $60 from the get go, when the minimum was only $6, its highly likely the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

(...) I must say that things like that are what make real life auctions exciting. What's even more exciting is when the huge jump DOESN'T stop the bidding... (...) While not as large an excess bid as the examples you mentioned, I just participated (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)