 Marketplace / Auctions / 1288
    Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work? —Simon Robinson
   (...) it (...) proxy. (...) So in a similar scenario to the one Larry's pointed out - if I come along with a $200 firm bid (and a $250 maximum) just before your phone bill arrives, then I don't get the shuttle, and your firm bid shoots up to $250. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work? —Todd Lehman
   (...) It can only reward someone for delaying if they knew that you had dropped your bid, which they wouldn't know. Also, consider the case when you raise your proxy max rather than leaving it where it is. --Todd (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work? —Tom Stangl
   (...) Which is the MUCH more likely use. -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer | (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)