 Marketplace / Auctions / 1066
Re: I need help with an auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:15:17 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
The auction situation seems to be improving. I can think of several
people who are now running auctions and have progressed in their ability
to make it easy enough that they may be able to help you.

Here are a few: Bill Katz, Chris Busse, Mike Stanley, Brian Lanning.

I'd like to mention that my auctions right now, and probably for the
forseeable future, are run on a site using the EveryAuction script.
It can be found at http://www.everysoft.com/auction/

I can't begin to describe everything it does or can be made to do, but
that site can, and there is a very active user support forum there as
well.  It's completely free.

I'm not planning on configuring my site at http://jaba.dtrh.com/ to
allow other people to enter their own lots, mainly because I have no
direct control over the site, so I can't personally edit files, etc
etc if problems arise.  I AM, however, working with the script on my
own at home on my NT server.  Once I get familiar enough with it I
will either run it on my own server at home (finally got the router so
I now have 5 static ips to use for my machines at home) or I will
upgrade my account that houses www.guarded-inn.com to full perl/cgi
capability so I can run the script there.

At that point I will be glad to let other people run their own
auctions on that site, although I will probably maintain my own
auctions separately to avoid confusion.  Not sure if I would want to
charge or not for the service.  Charging a miniscule amount would help
offset the increased server charges and provide a minute amount of
compensation for the time I'd have to spend tweaking things, but it
might also open up liability issues I may not want to deal with.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide