 Marketplace / Auctions / 1047
Castle Auction: G1!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:25:58 GMT

Welcome to Alan's castle Lego auction.  The following are for sale;
please read the descriptions carefully as three of the five sets are
missing the instructions, and the 6030 also has missing and damaged
pieces.  E-mail demlow@lightlink.com to be put on the mailing list or to
bid.  Check out http://www.lightlink.com/demlow/sale/castauc.txt to see
this update in between updates.

Set #   Set Name                Current High Bid(der)   Status
6022    Horse Cart (ni,p,vg)    $16     Brian B.        Open
6030    Catapult (ni,p,vg)      $18     Jared S.        Going 1
6040    Blacksmith Shop (ni,vg) $41     John D.         Going 1
6073    Knight's Castle (c,vg)  $95     Andrew K.       Open
6080    King's Castle (c,g-vg)  $70     John D.         Open

(c=complete w/original instructions, ni=no instructions, p=missing and/or
damaged pieces)

A quick note on set conditions:
By "very good condition" (vg), I mean the pieces are moderately played with
and have some marks (i.e., hairline scratching).  They will not be
yellowed, dinged up, or chewed.
By "good condition" (g), I mean moderately heavily played with, with more
hairline scratching than above.  There may be some slight dings or
yellowing on a couple of pieces, but not really noticeable.

6022 Horse Cart (39 pieces, 2 figs, 1984).  This set is a small horsecart
with two soldiers.  No instructions; brown pole axe has a slightly bent
handle, otherwise complete in very good condition.
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6022

6030 Catapult (80 pieces, 2 figs, 1984).  This is a neat little catapult
which complements the 6073 castle nicely.  No instructions, missing the
white and green pennant flags; one of the figs is somewhat chewed on the
torso and has a ding in his helmet (maybe the catapult backfired...?).
Otherwise complete in very good condition.
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6030

6040 Blacksmith Shop (89, 2, 1984).  This is a really cool little set
which I'm sorely tempted to keep (so the opening bid won't be at bargain
level!)  It includes a blacksmith with leather apron, soldier, a
pitchfork, and a couple of red extreme slope corners.  No instructions;
otherwise complete in very good shape.
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6040

6073 Knight's Castle (408,6,1984).  This classic set includes 4 soldiers
and two knights ready for battle.  Lots of nice pieces, including 12 black
inverse medium slope corners and all three original red and black (!)
feathers (2 of each still in the wheels).  Complete, pieces in very good
condition, includes original instructions in very good condition (one
corner bent back).
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6073

6080 King's Castle (664,12,1984)  This is a large classic castle set with
lots of gray parts, both bricks and castle wall elements.  It also has 12
figures.  The set is complete in good to very good condition; piece
condition tends to be a little worse than those above, but still pretty
good.  All of the original feathers are included (3 for each knight, 2
still in the wheel).  The instructions are also included; they have a
couple of tears in the cover and are a little bent up and worn, but not
bad all told.
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6080

Rules:
1.  This will be a once-twice-sold auction.  Advances will take 24 hours
(this may decrease if I want to speed things up) and will begin in about
10 days.  I would like to have the auction over within 3 weeks (by March
26 or so), so get your bids on early.
2.  I'll probably update every two days via e-mail and perhaps
twice a week on RTL.  E-mail me to be on the list or to bid.
3.  Payment via check or money order; I reserve the right to wait for
checks to clear.
4.  International buyers welcome as long as payment is in US dollars via
check or money order.
5.  Buyer pays shipping.  The smaller sets will probably be shipped
Priority Mail within the US (which costs $3.20).  The 6073 shouldn't cost
more than $4.30 to ship Priority Mail.  International bidders may inquire
about shipping costs prior to bidding.
6.  I expect prompt payment at the end of the auction.
7.  I reserve the right to refuse participation to individuals and to verify
the identity of bidders to my satisfaction (haven't refused anybody yet
and hopefully never will have to!).
8.  Trades:  I'm usually game for trades but need cash right now.  The
only things I might go for are a 4547 Club Car, 7815, 7819, or 7820.
9.  Minimum bid increment will be $1 under $100 and $5 if anything goes
over $100.