 Marketplace / Auctions / 10139
Re: eBay etiquette advice needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:29:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Well, it finally happened: 53 completed transactions on eBay as a buyer, and one went bad.

It’s only a small transaction (c.$A12) and I can wear the loss (though I’d prefer not to, obviously).

I sent the money, the seller (100% positive feedback) - with whom I haven’t dealt before - received it, and claims he or she sent the Lego, but it never arrived here (more than a month has passed since the seller claims shipment).

I have no particular reason to doubt the seller, and would be happy to leave it at that, and leave no feedback at all.

But I do have a niggling doubt... my immediate reaction is to leave no feedback, but what if other purchasers have done the same? Buyer beware, and all, but maybe it would be worth me warning other buyers...

I don’t know. I think I have three options:

1. I ignore it, and leave no feedback
2. I post neutral feedback, noting that the item was lost in the post, and I bear no grudge against the seller.
3. I post negative feedback.

I’m not keen on 3... 1 or 2 would be okay, but I’m still leaning toward 1.

What do people think? (Interestingly, the seller hasn’t left me feedback, either. If I was suspicious I might think that was so that they could post neg feedback for me, if I did to him or her.).

Don’t do 3. They will post negative back on you.

Did you get insurance for your package? If so, start that process. If not, your screwed and it’s best to walk about rather then damage your own rating...

Dean