 Marketplace / Appraisal / 678
677  |  679
Subject:
value of used 8422
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:44:18 GMT

I have a used 8422:Circuit Shock Racer / V-Twin Super Bike that I purchased a
number of years ago from someone that neglected to inform me it wasn't a
complete set.  I have been reevaluating my desire to own various sets that I
have including this one.  A quick search on Lugnet shows a few copies of this
set going for more than the original $33 MSRP listed with the set, but those are
unopened sets I am sure.  So how much might this set be worth.  Some of the
missing parts are not really that rare, I just didn't have any in my spare parts
and most of the major parts are there like the fork piece, the wheels, the
shocks, etc.  One major part this is missing is a portion of the chain, the
motor cycle requires 30 links, I only have 20 which is enough for the drag
racer.  Its missing the decals and the two headlight pieces that were actually
printed I think.

A related question, is it worth the time and expense of replacing the parts to
make a "complete set" or to take a hit on the selling price?  Of course if I am
getting replacement parts for sets I am keeping, that would defer the shipping
expenses some.

What are peoples experiances with stuff like this?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Douglas Pool